Belgium, France, Austria, Slovenia
“Extrication and new vehicle technology”.
Action points first project:
1. Providing crucial information “free of charge” this for first and second responders:
- exchange of international knowledge;
- collecting data about alternative energy sources ( full electric, hybrid, CNG, LPG, LNG, Fuel cell, Hydrogen direct combustion, and others…);
- developing rescue data base concerning al kind of different vehicle’s;
- developing standard operation procedure;
- developing courses and training materials in English;
- sharing extrication methods concerning cars, trucks, busses, trains, airplanes;
- developing firefighting measures on this vehicle’s and others…;
- retex: return of expertise, concerning various vehicle accidents.
2. Promoting close cooperation with the various manufacturers and organizations.
3. Close cooperation with the other CTIF commissions (a few examples):
- high voltage vehicle batteries (build in vehicle/storage/transport) with the “hazmat commission” and “fire prevention commission”;
- training manual airplane with commission “Fire and rescue on airports”.
4. Sending new working item proposals to ISO, this concerning:
- training manual vehicle;
- training manual battery;
- standardized label for recognition of the power source of a vehicle.
Other future projects to work on:
- solar panels;
- hydrogen installations;
- CNG/LNG installations;
- other new technology…
The meetings are twice annually with member countries serving as hosts on a rotating basis.
Other ways of communication:
- Conference call by computer, telephone.
Next face to face meeting date: 27 to 29 of May 2014 in Vienna Austria.