Is your national and local Fire and Rescue Service a State or Municipal Service?
- London Fire Brigade – metropolitan
- United Kingdom – metropolitan/non-metropolitan, private, nuclear
- Sweden – municipal, private organisations - nuclear, airport
- Norway – municipal and private organisations
- Denmark – municipal and private organisations
- Slovenia – municipal, private organisations, airport
- Austria – municipal, private organizations, airport
How many operational... Read more
Four working group
We have established four working groups under the following headings to collate information from a survey that we are formulating:
Family and Caring
- Maternity Policies
- Nursery/kindergarten facilities
- Definition of a firefighter
Technical and Physical Issues
- Physical fitness
The Commission is working on... Read more
CTIF Extrication & New Technology has been working intensely during the last years with the special problems connected to many of the new vehicle types. Many of these problems are related to the fuels and other Hazardous materials. Therefore the work is being done together with the CTIF Hazmat Commission. Last year CTIF awarded two French colleagues for their research and development of a Best Practice Procedure for this type of events.
CTIF has for over 100 years had a long term commitment to improve public and first responder safety in crisis situations and recognises that early alerting and knowing what to do when dangerous situations arise are key components to achieving safer outcomes.
It has therefore been a major partner in a consortium that aims to improve the ability of emergency agencies, first responders and the public to work at achieving this aim in Europe using global lessons and fundamental research
POP-ALERT www.pop-alert.eu was a 2 year project financed... Read more