France sends mobile care unit to Ukraine - special delegation meeting held in Saint-Étienne
Thank you for choosing Automatic Translation. Currently we are offering translations from English into French and German, with more translation languages to be added in the near future. Please be aware that these translations are generated by a third party AI software service. While we have found that the translations are mostly correct, they may not be perfect in every case. To ensure the information you read is correct, please refer to the original article in English. If you find an error in a translation which you would like to bring to our attention, it would help us greatly if you let us know. We can correct any text or section, once we are aware of it. Please do not hesitate to contact our webmaster to let us know of any translation errors.
The French Firefighters’ Federation FNPSF and the NGO “French Humanitarian Firefighters” (PHF) received a delegation of Ukrainian and Polish firefighters on Monday, January 16th, 2023 at the headquarters of the Fire and Rescue Service of “Department de La Loire” in Saint-Étienne, France.
The objective of the event was to donate a mobile care unit to Ukraine, and attending the event were representatives from the Prefecture, the SDIS, PHF, the National Federation of Firefighters of France, a Ukrainian delegation, and a Polish delegation.
A press conference with representatives from the Prefecture, the SFRS, PHF, and the National Federation of Firefighters of France was held at 12:00 pm, followed by an official presentation and a training platform of the FRS.
The French Humanitarian Firefighters (PHF) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) based in Saint-Étienne. Founded in 2005, the organization is dedicated to providing assistance to populations in crisis (natural, man-made, and industrial disasters) and to supporting the civil protection services of partner countries.
The Fire and Rescue Service of La Loire and the French Firefighters’ Federation FNPSF are major partners of PHF. Since March 1, 2022, PHF has been active with the Ukrainian population, in particular in connection with the National Federation of French Firefighters (FNSPF).
The donations generated as part of the support for Ukraine have enabled the project to build a mobile care unit, which will soon be sent to Ukraine.
In collaboration with the Polish firefighters and Ukrainian healthcare workers, PHF has acquired a 28 sqm Mobile care unit in order to perform support for the population and reconstruction of healthcare services. This mobile care unit will be officially presented to the press and PHF members and partners on January 16, 2023 at the headquarters of the SDIS of La Loire, in the presence of foreign Ukrainian and Polish delegations.
Then this Mobile unit will be sent to Poland where Ukrainian healthcare workers will receive training on the tool before being able to take the care unit back to Ukraine.
This operation is scheduled to take place in Medika, at the Polish-Ukrainian border on February 3rd and 4th.
• Mr. Mykhailo RADUTSKYI, member of the Ukrainian Parliament, Chairman of the Council of Ukraine's Supreme Council for Public Health, Medical Care and Healthcare.
• Mr. Artem DUBNOV, member of the Ukrainian Parliament, Vice-President of the Supreme Council for Public Health, Medical Care and Healthcare.
• Mr. Andriy BOHDANETS, member of the Ukrainian Parliament, Member of the Supreme Council for Agrarian and Land Policy
• Mr. Mykhailo KARNAUKH, Head of the Medical Department of the Main Medical Center and Clinic (Central Clinical Hospital) of the National Border Service of Ukraine.
• Ms. Iryna KOROLCHUK, Humanitarian Aid Coordinator at the Ministry of Health of Ukraine
The Polish delegation consists of members of the Polish National Federation of Volunteer Firefighters:
• Mr. Grzegorz SZYSZKO, Executive Director of the Board of Directors
• Mr. Lukasz LACH, Executive Director of the Regional Center in Krakow
• Mr. Maciej GOFRON, Coordinator of Franco-Polish Cooperation
• Ms. Amelia WYDRA, Coordinator
• Ms. the Prefect
• PHF: its president (Jérôme GIRON, professional firefighter officer at the SDIS)
• National Federation of Firefighters of France: General Inspector Éric FLORES, interim president and Lieutenant-Colonel Christophe MARCHAL, vice-president in charge of international relations