The CTIF Fire Prevention Commission
dr. Aleš Jug (Slovenia)
Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Luxembourg, Norway, Slovenia, Sweden, Russia, USA
Main activities / purpose of commission:
The CTIF Fire Prevention Commission was founded in 2001 in order to:
- Assess fire related risks and propose adequate fire prevention measures,
- Examine fire safety and propose fire safety solutions for various types of premises,
- Understand leading causes of home structure fires and home fire injuries and casualties and develop a measure to prevent them,
- Evaluate the risks to fire department personnel and suggests prevention measures to avoid them,
- Analyze and improve fire safety and fire prevention codes of practice, guidelines, and standards.
Ways of Working:
Tasks are defined and described at the annual meetings. Work is carried out individually or in small groups.
Way of Communication:
Meeting: once per year Other way of communication: e-mail, skype
Products of Commission:
fire death statistics