DA in Martigny 2019: Practical Travel information and Last Minute Registration Options
Thank you for choosing Automatic Translation. Currently we are offering translations from English into French and German, with more translation languages to be added in the near future. Please be aware that these translations are generated by a third party AI software service. While we have found that the translations are mostly correct, they may not be perfect in every case. To ensure the information you read is correct, please refer to the original article in English. If you find an error in a translation which you would like to bring to our attention, it would help us greatly if you let us know. We can correct any text or section, once we are aware of it. Please do not hesitate to contact our webmaster to let us know of any translation errors.
For those registered for the CTIF Gala Dinner, it is held TONIGHT (Thursday) at 18:30 at the Hotel Vatel !!!
Travel Information: Take the high speed train straight from the Geneve Airport!
The closest airport to Martigny is Geneve. From there and back it is possible to travel straight to Martigny by high speed train, which takes about 1 hour and 40 minutes. The train ride is very beautiful and goes along the breath taking Lake Geneve.
Trains leaves every 20 minutes during peak hours, but the Martigny organizers highly recommended to reserve seats ahead of time, in order to be guaranteed tickets.
Many of us bought Flexible return tickets at the airport - train station and there were no problems with seats on the train. Please observe that the ticketing machines can be confusing, therefor it is worth staying in line at the ticket counters and buying the ticket from one of the ticket box officers. They all speak good English and will be very helpful.
Links to the Swiss Railway site where tickets can be reserved:
Agenda Delegates Assembly CTIF
July 19, 2019
The venue where Delegates Assembly is arranged will be the Vatel Hotel in Martigny, Switzerland.
Opening and Minute of Silence
Organizer / Politican
- Approval of the minutes of the Delegates Assembly in Las Vegas 2018
- Activity report of the president
- Activity report of the general secretary
Financial report of the treasurer, report of auditors, approval of the budget for
- 2020, confirmation treasurer
- New members and exclusions other members
*Pdt French FF Association: E Workingtime Directive
*Tom Van Esbroeck: Extrication and New Technology Commission – ISO standardization
*Jean Marc Bedogni: Forest Fire Commission presentation
BREAK: 20 min (10:25 h - 10:45 h)
*Tore Eriksson: Cooperation with UITP
*Dennis Davis: Hy response project
*Rosenbauer: Electric truck
*Milan Dubravac: Fire, Rescue & New Challenges, Ostrava 2019
- Presentation of eight candidates for elections
LUNCH: 75 min (12:30 h - 13:45 h)
- Elections for General Secretary and Vice President
- Designation Honorary members
- Preview Delegates assembly 2020
General Secretary and Organizer
- Preview Games and Delegates assembly 2021
General Secretary and Organizer
- Delegates assembly 2022 – request for a candidate
16. Closing Delegates Assembly (15:45h)
AFTER Delegates Assembly CTIF
FIRST NEW EC MEETING
16:00 h - 18:00 h
Switzerland is also proud to host the 22nd International Youth Fire Brigade Competitions in Martigny (Valais) from Sunday July 14 to Saturday July 21st.
The supporting association is the Swiss Fire Brigade Association and it strives, together with all the other organisations and authorities involved in this event, to offer the participants an unforgettable week in Switzerland.
Please note that the English language Program Link does not yet work. Please see the French or German program for now, on the Youth Competition / DA 2019 home page. We will publish the English program here on CTIF.org as soon as it is available.
In short, Delegates Assembly is on Friday July 19th. The CTIF Gala Dinner is the night before, on Thursday July 18th.
The CTIF Executive Committee will be holding their meeting on Thursday afternoon.
All other days during the are week are dedicated to the Youth Games.
The CTIF Executive Committee is currently negotiating with the local hosting organisation in Switzerland to extend the deadline, however since Martigny is also hosting the CTIF 22nd International Youth Fire Brigade Competitions during the same week, there is a limited amount of hotels rooms available in Martigny, so an extension of the deadline may be difficult for that reason.
There are some explanations needed concerning registration for participation in the 2019 Delegates' Assembly in Martigny Switzerland, for those unable to fit in to one of the two main Registration Packages, which will include the DA fee and the July 18th CTIF Evening Gala Dinner.
Explanation and Information For Registration to 2019 Delegates' Assembly in Martigny Switzerland:
(Scroll down to download the French and German explanations)
There are a number of choices and you need to select which option you want.
1) If you want to stay for only one night:
E-mail directly to: email@example.com and send a message requesting an hotel reservation for one night. Remember to leave your details. Fees for attending the Delegate’s Assembly and the 18 July Evening Gala Dinner will also be charged.
2) If you decide to stay 2 nights. On the Swiss CTIF Registration site check in for the 2-night package, select your preferred hotel and proceed to payment by credit card. Access to the Delegates' Assembly meeting and the gala dinner are included in the price you pay.
3) If you decide to stay 3 nights. Go to check in for the 2-night package, select your preferred hotel and proceed to payment by credit card. Access to the Delegates' Assembly meeting and the gala dinner are included in the price you pay. Then, once you have completed this action, please contact via the contact form the Tourist Office who will take into account your request for an additional one night, check availability and then respond to you.
4) If you decide to stay 4 nights. Go to check in for the 4-night package, select your preferred hotel and proceed to payment by credit card. Access to the Delegates' Assembly meeting and the gala dinner are included in the price you pay.
5) If you decide to stay more than 4 nights. Go to check in for the 4-night package, select your preferred hotel and proceed to payment by credit card. Access to the Delegates' Assembly meeting and the gala dinner are included in the price you pay. Then, once you have completed this action, please contact the Tourist Office via the contact form available in the link where you register. The tourist office will take into account your request for additional nights, check availability and then respond to you.
6) If you cannot pay by credit card, you must first select your hotel and then contact the Tourist Office and ask them to make your hotel reservation. Fees for attending the Delegate’s Assembly and the 18 July Evening Gala Dinner will also be charged.
7) If you have any concern or need assistance do not hesitate to contact the Martigny Tourist Office which is managing all the bookings for this event.
The Martigny Tourist Office can be contacted via the contact form available in the link where you register.
It is no longer possible to reserve a 2 day or 4 day Registration Package at DA 2019, but those living nearby or visiting the area and who wish to come in to DA and / or the Gala Dinner just for the day, may still be able to register.
Travelling Delegates who have their accommodations arranged elsewhere may also be able to register passed the May 8 deadline.
Please contact CTIF General Secretary Michel Bour for the latest information about later comers registration! Mr Bour is fluent in French, German and English. This post will be updated.